Monday, August 18, 2008

Tropic Tunder: My Review!

Tropic Thunder is truly a comedy like no other which I admire for It's individuality. This film's very sole reason for existence is to make fun of Hollywood and the way it does business. That alone is well worth the ticket price even if it was bad. Was it?To tell you the truth, I liked it. For several reasons.

First aspect I like was the characters. Robert downy Jr. plays a Australian actor who happens to undergo surgery to become a African American. This character sort of reminds me of a middle aged Bill Cosby with a slightly deeper voice. But not by much.

Second aspect is the humor. It's goofy with a pinch of morbidly dark humor. It's not that dark like south park and Christopher reeves sucking the stem cells out of fetuses. Or should I say, it's no clerks 2. But expect some of it to be a tad fucked up.

Anyhow, It was a good movie, and I recommend anybody with a general sense of humor should see. Only negative to bring to the plate is the films drags midway into the film. But rest assured, It will definably pick up. The end is a good part indeed.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments: